Exploding Box Card

Put on your full safety gear and your hard hat on because this box is about to "explode"!!  Haha!  Just kidding.  But it IS called an 'exploding box card'.  Haha!

Evonne and I had tons and tons of fun everytime we made one of these.  It looks complicated but actually it's one of the easiest cards to make, not to mention, one of the most fun to make.  But they're all fun, aren't they?

Here's one that I made for my colleague and friend, Connie, who celebrated her birthday last month.  It took me 2 nights to create this and it was an amazing experience.  I couldn't wait to finish it, and I could actually finish it in one night, but I would definitely have woken up to puffy eyes and have eye bags the size of a coin pouch!  Haha!  But once it was done, I didn't want to give it away already.  Huhu!  Then again...this is always the case for Evonne and I.  We love all of our creations.  We put all our love and care to all of them and they are all equally special.  Hence, the hesitation to let go.  Huhu..

I'm going to smudge this blog with my tears already!  So let's get on with the photos.

Side/Front View.  Patterned papers by various designers, stock cards in pink colour.

Top View.  Those paper flowers, foam rose petals, and the velvet leafs were bought from a local florist.  3-D butterfly sticker from Heidi Grace, alphas from American Crafts, and mauve coloured recycled paper from a craft shop in KK.

View of Inside of Box.  4 or 5 columns for you to play with.

You can use those small note cards envelopes and adhere them on one of the columns to insert your personal notes if you want.  Otherwise, you can just create your own one sided small envelopes. 

There rest of the photos are of the other columns.  3-D stickers from Heidi Grace and other designers (I've forgotten..hehe).  Paper flowers, foam flowers and velvet leafs from local florist, some given as gifts and some are bought from other places.








What an "explosion", don't you think?  Hahaha!

- Susan -

Comments

Popular Posts