Guesthouse Guestbook

How's it going peeps?  I hope Wednesday treated you well so far :).

Here's sharing with you a guestbook I made for our friend, Lydia.  She asked for a guestbook for her guesthouse.  A bit mouthful don't you think?  Haha!  So yea...she gave me a logo with a white silhouette of a hornbill bird and straight away, I thought an ethnic look would be great for the guestbook.

I struggled looking for the perfect paper for the cover at first but managed in the end.  Once I was done wrapping the cover, I dabbed the front cover with some silver coloured ink and brown coloured ink at all four corners to get that grungy, slightly worn out look.  And then I stencilled an ethnic Iban or tribal tattoo image that I had carved earlier onto the cover.  Once that was done, I adhered the big logo which I have printed out and cut around the circle onto the cover with a foam tape to create an elevated effect.  Next, I worked on the first page of the book, which you can call the welcoming page.  I printed out the logo in a large size on a piece of sheer/transparent paper.  Then on the next paper, I printed out the motto that Lydia wants to use that is "Peace, Tranquility, and Tenderness" across the page.  On top of it, I pasted the same Iban or tribal tattoo image as the one on the front cover, that I carved out of a black cardstock paper.  That part was really tedious and took a lot of my patience.  Whew!

So the rest of the inset are printed out and after assemblying them all with a few red coloured ring binders, I was done...and happy with the outcome :).

Here's some pictures of it.








So there you go peeps.  Will be sharing more of our other crafts soon.  Till then, take it easy ;).

- Susan -




Comments

  1. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.
    I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will come back in the future.
    I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great posts, have a nice
    day!
    Take a look at my blog computing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts